Pages

2.06.2014

Week Three



The list for Week Three was "The Things You Should be Proud Of." Rather than making a list of all of those things, I tacked it up on a wall of my classroom that sums it up pretty well :)

One of the first spaces I created in my classroom was my Inspiration Board. It began with just a colorful fabric, and some of my favorite quotes. Over the year, it has become an area that houses family pictures, pieces of special moments, pictures and notes from my kids-- all of the stuff that reminds me how lucky I am to do what I do every day.

So often, we're discouraged from being proud. While it isn't exactly becoming to showboat about every little thing, I think we all deserve the affirmation of shouting our awesomeness from the rooftops once in a while, you know? So here it is:

I am proud of the life I am building for my family.
I am proud of how hard I've worked to get to where I am.
I am proud of the work I do and the little people I am lucky enough to spend my days with.
I am proud of the opportunities I've had.
I am proud of who I am right now, and of whatever may lie ahead.

Stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment