Pages

1.06.2014

Week One



Happy 2014! It seems like a good (cliche?) time of the year to dust this thing off. One of my favorite bloggers linked up with the 52 Lists series, and it was exactly the inspiration I needed. Who doesn't love a good list? Considering my obsessive-compulsive (see also: crazy) tendencies, I was really excited to get on board!

"What are the words that touch your soul?" It seemed like kind of a pretentious question to answer at first, like I should be sipping a skim milk latte and wearing $50 sweatpants while I pondered my response. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those things-- roughly half my paycheck is spent at Dunkin Donuts, and I have a five-shelf organizer of every type of sweatpants known to man. It all just screams #whitegirlproblems.  But when I really thought about what the question was asking, it became real to me in a different way-- "What are the words that keep you going?"

Sometimes we all need to be reminded that we're doing okay. Persevere. Keep going.

________________


LOVE YOURSELVES, LOVE EACH OTHER.
[Dr. Chris Uhl]


No comments:

Post a Comment